This recipe is based on Diane Phillips' recipe Black Bean Salsa from The Easy Pressure Cooker Cookbook. Her recipe focuses on the cooking of the black beans in the pressure cooker, which I do beforehand but you can prepare your beans any way you choose or just use canned beans. If you are a wimp about spicy food, like me, you may want to grind up the chilies and slowly add it to the bean mix to taste. Just don't omit them entirely because their smoky flavor is essential to the recipe. If you love spicy food, maybe add a few extra chilies.
In a large bowl combine:
- 2 cups cooked (or canned) black beans
- 1/2 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1 1/2 cups corn
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce ground
- A signature Bare Stone mortar and pestle
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
In a small bowl combine mix and then pour over bean mix:
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
Serve with corn chips of your choice in one of our signature Bare Stone bowls and enjoy!
One bite of this galette with sweet figs and the slightly tart raspberries will make you a fan too. This galette won’t last long and I guarantee you won’t throw it away either.